Ex-president John Dramani Mahama has addressed Ghanaians on Monday, promising a wave of change if he wins the 2020 presidential poll.
From health, education to infrastructure, the presidential candidate of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) said he will transform the country from its current state of hardship to a prosperous one.
UPSANEWSROOM.com has put together 11 key highlights of the former president’s message to Ghanaians.
(1) I will cancel teacher licensure examination
(2) My government will not abandon existing projects by the Nana Addo government to enable Ghanaians have value for their money
(3) Students loan will be increased and paid to students as monthly stipends
(4) I will abolish the 50% increment in Communication Services Tax
(5) I will rapidly build schools in over-subscribed areas in order to abolish double track
(6) I will make sure we build more hospitals to solve the no bed syndrome and also employ more nurses
(7) I will make sure we bring back local participation in the Ghanaian banking space
(8) I will make technical and vocational education free at all levels
(9) We will make sure we give employment to the youth in the digital space, agro-business, and manufacturing sector
(10) I will make sure we dualize Tema Aflao road, Accra Kumasi road and pay more attention to the Eastern corridor road
(11) I will reduce the number of ministers